Courses covering current legal requirements for those needing to safely use and change abrasive wheels.
All courses are tailored to the requirements of the individual and/or business needs.
Under current legislation, including Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations, all employees involved in the use of abrasive wheels are required to have received suitable and sufficient training, authorised in writing.
Refresher training to be taken every 3 to 5 years to maintain personnel competency in line with current HSE guidance.
• identification of abrasive wheels
• types of abrasive wheels
• storage requirements
• dressing of abrasive wheels
• personal protective equipment
• basic use, including hazard awareness and safe operating practices
• equipment can include, bench grinder, angle grinder, disc cutters and others
• Woodwise Certificate of Training
• 1/2 day for up to 3 people
Progression can include the following:
• Woodwise Certificate of Competence
• Courses within Woodwise Academy - POA
• Courses within the workplace - POA