Designed for line managers with responsibility for supervision and management of employees using Woodworking Machinery and Equipment.
All courses are tailored to the requirements of the individual and/or business needs.
Regulation 9 (2) of Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations. Every employer shall ensure that any employee who supervises or manages the use of work equipment has received adequate training for the purpose of health and safety.
This can also include the training in the methods which may be adopted when using work equipment, any risk which may occur and precautions to be taken.
Refresher training to be taken every 3 to 5 years to maintain personnel competency in line with current HSE guidance.
• identifying and preventing hazards
• safety devices, including jigs
• key machine operating procedures
• specific machine requirements
• existing guarding and current legislation and safe working practices
• Woodwise Certificate of Training
• 1/2 day
Progression can include the following:
• NVQ Diploma in Health & Safety
• Courses within Woodwise Academy - POA
• Courses within the workplace - POA