Unit and modular approach to allow individuals to receive training on woodworking machines.
All courses are tailored to the requirements of the individual and/or business needs.
Regulation 9, The Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations require every employer to ensure that all employees who use work equipment have received suitable and sufficient training.
Refresher training to be taken every 3 to 5 years to maintain personnel competency in line with current HSE guidance.
• Selection of most suitable machine
• Selection and setting of guards
• Use of safety devices
• Selection and setting of tooling
• Legal requirements
• Safe setting and using of machine
• Productivity improvement
Training can include all classical sawing, planning, moulding, shaping, jointing machines and CNC machines
• Woodwise Certificate of Training
• Dependant upon individual competency and number of machines
• Certificate of Competence in the Safe Use of Woodworking Machinery
• NVQ Diploma L2 in Machine Woodworking
• Courses within Woodwise Academy - POA