A panel saw is a basic machine that everybody working in the woodworking industry would need in their workshop to convert various panel products.
The classic panel saw is the sliding table panel saw, with a wide work table and large footprint, a big saw and excellent cut, but recently, the vertical panel saw (Wall Saw) has become popular as an alternative to the traditional sliding table panel saw.
Being vertical, the panel saw is essential when space is an issue in a workshop. A Wall Saw is the best solution to save space but also, time because they are very simple and user-friendly.
In fact, we are going to see in this article the Vertical Panel Saw benefits that Advanced Machinery Services Team think are the advantages to any customer who requires a panel saw.
WHAT IS A VERTICAL PANEL SAW?
The Vertical Panel Saw or Wall saw as it is better known has long been a valuable space saving option for space starved workshops. The panel to be cut remains static throughout and the saw head and saw beam travel vertically or horizontally to perform the cut with ease.
VERTICAL PANEL SAW ADVANTAGES
- The AMS sales manager says, that the space saved is one of the biggest benefits. At under 7 square meters the wall saw compares well to a 3.2 meter sliding table saw which uses 35 square meters of valuable floor space. There are a lot of workshops with restrictive space and these vertical saws help them a lot.
- Operation is another huge benefit. Generally, a one-man operator can work perfectly on their own, and cutting and loading this type of machine is easy for the operator and the heavy-duty construction ensures they are very accurate. If the operator needs assistance loading the machine with large heavy sheets this can still be achieved with one person with the purchase of a vacuum board lifter which helps with health and safety issues and lessens damage to the product and machine. Less stress on the operator as they will move the saw head not the heavy awkward sheet.
- Other benefit is the cost of this machines. Sometimes, for the size that you can cut on a Vertical Panel saw, they are cheaper than some panel saw with the same size. At AMS, we wanted to provide a very good quality wall saw for our customers, with the best Wadkin Bursgreen tradition but at an affordable price. The Premium and Standard machines are very competitive with our opposition.
- This is not a direct benefit, but we think it’s very important when you are looking for a Wall saw. We think it makes sense for a woodworker who is looking for a Wall saw to consider the delivery and installation of the machine. We think, it is vital that the company from who you buy a vertical panel saw offers you delivery and installation as AMS do, because they are large accurate machines and the installation is complicated.
- it is recommended that our highly skilled engineers install your machine.
You can watch our wall saw cutting panel to size on the link below: